Fun & super convenient harp lessons
Are you looking for online harp lessons?
Welcome to Begin the Harp (Intro level). The BRAND NEW super convenient way to learn to play the harp!
- Learn harp without packing your lunch box, loading your harp and travelling to your lesson
- Now you can learn at whatever time, day or night that suits you best.
- Take a lesson whenever you feel like it.
- Re-watch time and again any techniques, explanations, or performances you need to.
- No longer will you feel on the spot in your lesson time!
- You don't need to have a musical background. This course assumes no prior experience of harp playing or reading music.
- Music notation is introduced gradually during the first few few lessons.
- Initially learn the simple tunes by ear, then you will be guided through how to read and understand them on the sheet music.
Get Access to the full course content
including downloadable written pdf's for a one-off payment of just $25
Sign up today and get started playing the harp right away.
When I first started playing the harp in 1987, I was lucky that I had a school where lessons were available and there was a harp which we could borrow. Even so, it was only through the commitment and support of my parents (financing lessons, instruments and lugging the harps around over the years) and teachers showing up week after week, patiently listening, instructing and correcting my early attempts at playing music, that I was able to finally progress to Grade 8 ABRSM in 1996.
Fast forward another 20 odd years and here we are in 2017 with all these amazing new technologies. I'm thinking that surely this new digital age could help us musicians and students out a little (if not a lot).
I've been teaching harp (and piano) one to one and in small groups for over 15 years now and recently have carefully compiled and created resources needed to launch this new online harp course. This is the intro level to the course. Further continuation courses will be available shortly.
Any questions? Please get in touch via email